View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Soup View Post
Hello! Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else, but I have a novel I'm turning into an EPUB in InDesign, and some paragraphs need a blank line between them while some don't. I know I can use CSS to add space before/after paragraphs, but the problem is that not all paragraphs require a blank line space between them so I'm not sure what is the easiest way to do this without individually finding each paragraph and signifying whether it should have a blank line after it (and with almost 700 pages this isn't really the best option).
Using InDesign to create an EPUB is not really the best option either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Soup View Post
I do have [blankline] marked for the blank lines so if there would be a way to do some sort of GREP or Find/Replace that would be helpful, I just can't wrap my head around the most efficient way to do this. Thanks for your help!
I am not sure to understand correctly your problem (a piece of the text code will help), but why don't you just define in your CSS a default margin for <p>'s, and a new <p> class "bigSkipBefore", and you S&R your "[blankline]" marker with <p class="bigSkipBefore"> ?

Last edited by AlPe; 08-24-2012 at 12:45 PM.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote