View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #14
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I guess I should have know better than to state the OP the way I did. Please be clear that this is partially tongue-in-cheek and primarily because I've heard so many fledgling writers say this. McCarthy is the only writer that I've even felt an inkling of this kind of response to in my 60 years on the planet. Just to be clear, I would never stop writing because of another writer, each one is different, but every time I read McCarthy I am just totally gobsmacked! That's really all I'm trying to say and I don't get the "total gobsmacked" feeling from any other writer.

P.S. I'm with Tolstoy on Shakespeare.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote