View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #49
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Because the Freescale iMX50 CPU chip contains in internal flash boot ROM that is the same size as a typical uboot.bin file, it makes much more sense that u-boot is in the internal flash ROM in the CPU package.

Thanks for confirming that u-boot is not in MMC. This provides one more step on my path of discovery to writing some raw code to inject into kindle RAM and execute with USB/HID mode.
Well, I didn't confirmed that u-boot isn't at MMC. And I'm not confirming it now. I've just provided one relevant fact.

Also, I think that i.MX50 boot ROM couldn't be reprogrammed. It's a ROM. And I didn't found anything about boot ROM reprogramming at i.MX50 Reference Manual. Boot ROM supports ROM patching, but it's a runtime mechanism, not one-time reprogramming.

Besides, Kindle u-boot size could be not the same as typical u-boot size.

Last edited by eureka; 01-22-2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: typo
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote