View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Images in Mobipocket files need to be under around 63KiB in order to be displayed on Palm versions of the Mobipocket reader.

See http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...ile=images.htm

The author name in the EXTH records uses è for è. This doesn't get displayed correctly in the CyBook library, and it also doesn't get displayed properly in the Desktop Mobipocket Reader properties dialog (right-click/Properties) although it does in the preview I've tested changing this to be encoded as UTF-8, (i.e. hex C3 A8 for è) and this displays correctly in both places in the Desktop reader, and also in the Cybook library display. So I think it would be best to encode all the text in EXTH records as UTF-8, if that's the encoding specified in the MOBI header.

The table of contents displays OK in the Cybook, but it's a bit odd to have two links for each chapter - one of the number and one on the title. It would be better, given the navigation limitations to have either one link covering both, or just a link on the title of each chapter.

In addition, the chapter numbers aren't lining up exactly - and some of them have the left side of the first number clipped. I'm using a non-standard font (Fontin), but I see that Georgia shows the same fault, and Verdana even more - I suspect it's just a table fault - not really enough space for the two numerals and full stop for the higher chapter numbers. This problem doesn't show up in the Windows Desktop reader.

But otherwise, on a brief examination, it seems to be a very nicely formatted and well-formed Mobipocket book. I like the care take on the first paragraph of each chapter, and the indents and (lack of) spacing of other paragraphs.

Are there any particular sections you'd like checked?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote