View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 11:41 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
It's true that they don't write that way anymore.

It is also true that if the schools are wasting much time on penmanship with my niece instead of getting her on a keyboard as soon as possible when she is old enough for school I and the rest of the family will be pitching a fit with the school board. Penmanship is now as useful as skill with a slide rule.

Grammar on the other hand is as important as ever.
In Kindergarden here, they do put you on the computer.

They also, (at least my granddaughters teacher does ,) insist they write legibly, and neatly. Calligraphy, of course, is not applicable. However, making your work easy to read is very important.

My daughter teaches second grade, and its a nightmare trying to even make out their names sometimes. This is because no one thinks its 'important', and its not reinforced.

Until we become a completely paperless society, its very important.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote