View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #228
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbles View Post
I, for one, do not want a front lit reader
until Kindle supports epub, they're not even an option
I also wouldn't buy a reader without buttons.
I thought the same about buttons until I tried my paperwhite. The response is instant and I much prefer being able to just touch a word to have the dictionary definition pop up rather than having to scroll around.

The paperwhite screen is worth having a look at - I suggest you wander around the local coffee shops until you see someone with one and then ask for a demo. It really is quite stunning. Last night we had a big thunderstorm here in London and I was just sitting out in the garden reading my KPW and waching the lightening - had to go in when it eventually started to pour.

Do you not use Calibre to transfer and convert ebooks? I have no idea what format half the books I read on my Kindle were originally and epub is a pretty simple conversion.

Last edited by mike_bike_kite; 07-23-2013 at 07:15 AM.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote