View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #13
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyPants View Post
thanks all for your replies... ouch, Sony, great hardware, lousy software..
From reading the e-book.org forum i can see that developing an alternative software for a Sony reader is not an easy task.So i guess i have to learn to live with one-level folder structure.
Wow, i dont envy those with thousands of books on their reader.
And not being able to keep a chosen order within a collection is surely on oversight on Sony's part? Doesnt make sense to me.
Has that been the case with previous Sony readers?
Lousy Software has long been a Sony tradition, in virtually every product line. The lack of folders was, umm, lacking on the 300 as well. I don't know about the others, I'm too new to eReaders.

But on a device with limited space like the 300/350, just how important is folder capability overall? I mean, I could see its need on a device with a memory card slot or much larger memory. Doesn't the memory capacity of the 3xx line pretty much require a load, read, delete strategy? I suspect the collections capability of the 3xx line was considered an equivalent capability for short term organization needs. (don't know - just speculating)
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote