View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #100
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I know, it is very disappointing. I really don't understand why they said they had a solution. Did they really think they did or are they just giving us the runaround at this point? I'm confused about it. I will say when I told Andrew the problem hasn't been solved he didn't act surprised at all.

My unit is the best one I have had yet, but I still see hues on it sometimes. Oddly sometimes I see nothing at all and then suddenly I will see something very faint. Crazy.

I hope you had a nice vacation despite the weather, Blossom.
We can only speculate, but it is possible Amazon recognizes that outspoken forums can impact public views on the PW. MR seems to be the leading forum to challenge the PW quality. I think they were just doing damage control and trying to hand pick a few good units for you and Xendela. I truly hope they fix the problems with the PW, but to be honest I seriously doubt they will. The fix will be in the 2nd generation, if even then. I've NEVER seen any eInk device with an added layer on top of the eInk screen that didn't look like the filling inside of a baby's diaper! I really don't think any light layer will EVER work correctly. They need to find another solution. And they need to return to the IR touch screen rather than that gawd awful capacitive layer.