View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
One solution

I've discovered at least one cause of the non-working chapters and errant bookmarks. When I added one novel to my NC, I'd converted it, via Calibre, to ePub from Mobi (de-drm'd Kindle). Examining the ePub file, I realized that Calibre had broken up the text into literally dozens of smaller HTML files.

I went back into Calibre (which I'd updated) and created a new conversion. I'm still ferreting out which of the settings I changed made a difference, but this time, the resultant ePub text was split among only 3 files. I put that ePub into Sigil and pasted the text from files 2 and 3 into file 1 and deleted 2 and 3, thereby putting all of my text into 1 file.

I saved that and moved it to the NC. Now I can create bookmarks that stick and that work, and I can navigate by chapter selection.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote