View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #66
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Due to the snow I am home today and welcome the time. About 10 days ago I opened my laptop and saw an orange/red screen that had a count down screen clock with a message telling me to send $400 to Cryptolocker via the link posted or lose my files. Apparently, this is the insidious Cryptolocker virus that has attacked about 40,000 laptops since November. I immediately took action by calling Microsoft. I have been working on this every night until very late but still lost a great deal of my files. Most pictures, vids, word documents, excel files and more. Fortunately I back up often but haphazardly. Microsoft was a nightmare to work with. I was on the phone every night with someone whose accent made it very hard for me to understand her. She said she was a level 2 and kept telling me she would call me back in a few minutes which was always hours later. I was in Manhattan all week so I didn't have a lot of my flash drives with me. I lost Outlook and she kept telling me I never had it. I almost went crazy. BTW, Microsoft charged me for this service.....and still I am not done, if ever.
The positive is that I didn't for one second entertain sending Cryptolocker one cent. And I had just backed up my Calibre Library the night before.
So, I haven't bought or read anything. I thought I would post this to warn all of you. I am now working hard towards my HEA.
OMGosh girl, that is horrible, so sad to hear you going through this. I am thankful you'd backed up your Calibre the night before, at least some consolation in that mess. Sending good thoughts and vibes that you get everything up and working again soon. {{{HUGS}}}
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote