View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by terencek View Post
Has anyone else experienced Calibre not 'remembering' its settings? In particular, no matter how I set the existing columns to display (I only want Author, Title and Size), next time I fire it up, I'm back to the default.
This tends to mean that there is a permissions issue and for some reason Calibre is unable to write back to the Calibre configuration folder.

Quote:
I have also unchecked the option to save a separate cover image -- and every time I fire it up, even though that option is unchecked, conversions produce separate cover images.
Not quite sure what you are getting at here?

I THINK you are referring to the settings for Saving to Disk? If so this applies to exporting files from Calibre and not to Calibre's internal storage of files.

Inside the calibre library folder you will get a cover.jpg file generated with each book which is standard calibre behavior as not all formats support storing covers inside the ebook file (see this sticky for more information). You should not really be accessing the folders inside the calibre library directly this should not matter - the expectation is that such folders should be accessed via the Calibre GUI.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote