View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 06:52 AM   #471
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrella View Post
I am taking a break from the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon (enjoyed the first one a lot) and I am now listening to The Magicians by Lev Grossman. At the moment, I am only about two hours in but I am enjoying it so far.
Finished it about a week ago. All in all, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. It's not bad, but I couldn't really connect with the characters and the story turned out to be some kind of "twisted Narnia tale". Oh well. At least, I know now that I don't have to get the second volume.

This week, I listened to The Man in the Empty Suit by Sean Ferrell. I bought this on a whim after reading a review of it. It's a time travel story about a guy who celebrates his birthday every year with other "iterations" of himself. On his 39th birthday, there is the body of his 40 year old self present. Too bad for him...

This was rather enjoyable. I like time travel stories a lot. The book was read by Mauro Hantman, who was completely new to me but was really good.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote