View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:16 AM   #11
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I installed, it says registered to giveawayoftheday -- but it also has a button to buy a my own license (which tells me, it isn't licensed, at all).
Lots of giveaway of the day programs have that, no matter what. It isn't licensed to you individually. I'm assuming that's because they would have to track who got it from giveawayoftheday and therefore wasn't eligible for future upgrades. This way they only have to keep track of one user.

By going to their website I see where #66 got the 30-day thing. If you download from there directly you get a 30-day-trial version.

I can state definitively that you are not getting the 30-day-trial version. I uninstalled the giveawayoftheday one, downloaded the one from the website and installed it. Every time you open that one you are given the 30-day-trial message and if you click on about it says "Unregistered Trial Version, You have 30 day(s) left." QED

Addendum: And everytime you quit the trial version you get a nag screen asking you to register. Not so for the giveawayoftheday version.

-Marcy, now off to uninstall the other version
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote