View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
MTBSJC
MTBSJC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Understanding custom recipes

So, if I open the Economist recipe in the custom recipe viewer to look at it, a new copy gets created in my database, even though I make no changes and cancel out of the dialog? What happened to the builtin Economist recipe? I don't see it listed under English language recipes. What happens if I delete the custom recipe? Does the builtin recipe get restored?
I had in mind to create a second version of the Economist recipe that I would modify by hand to retrieve past issues from the website. But, it is not clear to me how to rename the second recipe to distinguish it from the original. It is not even clear how I can create a second Economist recipe, except by copy and paste using the advanced window. Am I missing something?
Where is the database kept? I managed to get a new clean install, but do not recall what directories and files I had to delete to make this happen?
Is this information online somewhere? I don't have time to analyze the sources and searching the forums has not provided the answers. I am a software developer and would like to help, but can't afford the time to do very much. I hate to keep bugging you for newbie information.
MTBSJC is offline   Reply With Quote