View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #22
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I got an ereader because I can adjust the font size to something that is comfortable for me to read. I don't clutter my apartment with books, I can carry my entire library with me everywhere I go.
This pretty much covers it for me.

Originally, the font size thing wasn't critical to me. I first started buying eBooks in 2003 to read on my PDA - mostly to avoid bringing any more paper books into my very small, packed-to-the-gills apartment. Plus, I loved that I could load up an SD card and have hundreds of books with me...I never had to know in the morning what I wanted to read on my lunch break. Don't like the book I started? I had tons to spare.

Back then, eBooks were almost universally less expensive that new print (no longer true, and often the opposite now), even though I ended up spending more on eBooks because 1) it was easier to impulse buy and 2) I bought fewer used books and more new eBooks.

In the last 2-3 years, though, my vision has really been affected by that "over-40" nearsightedness (which is darned confusing, given that I've always been farsighted!) Being able to change the font-size at will makes my reading life much simpler!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote