View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I don't know about the green; I presume the aluratek is about the same as the jetbook.
The jetbook looked rather greyish, perhaps somewhat brown, depending in what kind of environment you look at it.

I do know that a greenish tint is the byproduct of LCD crystals that are not 100% aligned, much like a brown/black-ish tint is the byproduct of the polarization filter.

So it could be the byproduct of regular (cheaper) LCD technology.

The back could be reflector, but I presume it's more possible for it to be metallic in nature.

hi

i tried to open it.

it is built like a tank.

very solid.

first 14 click locks around all the edges.

then a dozen screws in side. on the circuit board to the frame.

then it is glued to the frame!

i managed to get a look at the edge of the display and that is glued SOLID to the circuit board.impossible to pry it off. without breaking it.

which ever control freak came up with this did not want it changed.

arrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. so annoyed.

i like the software as it copes with mobi,epub,doc,rtf,text,pdf,mp3,html...

anyone know if the more recent ones have a white/gray background?

it seems to be white in the pictures.

Last edited by vugtitan; 07-22-2012 at 06:40 AM. Reason: mod request as someone the words .... ..... upsetting.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote