View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 02:04 AM   #6
bear4hunter
Addict
bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle 3 & DX Graphite, PocketBook 302 & Pro 603
so andrys,
do you think amazon will fix this with an update (2.5.7?) - it doesn't make sense, K2i worked with 2.5.3 - so I think it's a software thing - not hardware related.

I checked both german K3 pages at amazon, both are showing
Quote:
Social networking features are currently not available for your country.
And the DXG page states:
Quote:
Blogs, social networking features, and the experimental web browser are currently not avalable for your country. You will have free access to Wikipedia if wireless is available.
So, there might be a difference with the SIM-Card (if any) used? But why did it work with 2.5.3 then? Or is it just a different wording for saying the same?

Edit:
Is just got a reply from CS:
Quote:
I'm sorry to know you after the software update you're not being able to use experimental web browser on your Kindle. Currently blogs, social networking features, and the experimental web browser are not available for your country (Germany). You will have free access to Wikipedia if wireless is available.
Does that make sense? To me, no, because with 2.5.3 it WAS available!

Last edited by bear4hunter; 07-30-2010 at 02:38 AM.
bear4hunter is offline   Reply With Quote