View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
Hi all,
I've read through some threads but I still don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I have an ePub book that has left and right margins that are too wide for me. I've gone to Page Setup in Calibre and lowered the values all the way down to zero but it makes no change at all when I open the book on my Kobo. Am I doing something wrong or is there just some epub's that can't be modified?
Thanks
There can be more than 1 Margin in effect (and padding)

Page (body) margin is the one controlled by the setting.

there may be separate paragraph margins, padding, and indents.

IMHO: Sigil
You can look at the Code and the stylesheet entry

One last thing.
Margins (any of them), will not change (reduce) a Margin within an Image (a picture of a page)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote