View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 01:29 AM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Here in Asia Apple's service stinks to high heavens...
Just a thought:
Towards my friends, I'm often joking around: "Within seconds, I can tell whether I'm dealing with an American or German company".
If it's an American company, first reaction typically is something like "we're sorry, that you're not happy. You're a valued customer, so what can we do to help you?".
If it's a German company, first reaction might be something like "If you check out our trade terms, we don't have to do this and that. If you're not happy with that, here's the contact data of our lawyer".

Bit of a generalisation, I admit. But you get my point.
To further simplify:
German companies build great products, but their websites often suck and so does their customer service.
American companies often shine in customer service, but often that's a necessity because their products and logistics aren't that great.
And in my experience, lots of Asian companies are somewhere in the middle. And it's even more complicated, if it's an Asian subsidiary of a Western corporate.

I know, I know. Lots of stereotypes. But I think, there's some truth to those generalizations...

Last edited by mgmueller; 03-31-2013 at 01:36 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote