View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
iPhone vs. Samsung Galaxy S2 & S3

I've had an interesting discussion with technical support of German Saturn Markt on Saturday.
The technician told me, they've collected data for some time.
Within the measured time period, they had to take back 186 Samsung Galaxy S2 & S3 and 1 (!!!) iPhone.
Of course, one reason certainly will be the loyalty of Apple fans.
But he clearly stated, there had been lots of quality problems with Samsung whereas "with an Apple product you can't really go wrong".

A while ago, a sales guy in another department of the very same Saturn Markt told me something similar about "iPads vs. Android tablets".

Personally, I'm far from being an Apple fan.
Actually, I don't really like iPhone 4 and 4S that much. Their design, in my eye, by far is the best (I don't like iPhone 5, though. Too "plasticky" for me). But reception for example is way better on my 3 year old BlackBerry.
But I have to grant Apple at least 3 things:
a.) They are very flexible re. customer satisfaction. If you've got some convincing argument for it, they give you a new exchange model even after the courtesy period.
b.) No iPhone or iPad has died on me so far (I have iPhones since end of 2007 and iPads from the very beginning).
c.) They are brilliant in marketing. But they are equally good in their logistics. Every single product launch I've watched was going perfectly, whereas for example still no one knows when Microsoft Surface Pro will be available in most countries.

Re. Samsung I can't say much from personal experience. I'm not buying any of their products anymore. I've checked out Samsung ATIV, but like the other Samsung gadgets I simply can't stand the "cheap plastic" housings (I feel the same about Asus and Acer tablets) and the over-saturation of the display.

Just wanted to share that story from Saturn Markt...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote