View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 02:59 AM   #1
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Conversion mixup - mobi to epub

I recently downloaded a free mobi book and converted it in calibre to epub (with a certain plugin in place). Everything went fine - except for one minor hitch. One of the middle chapters was moved to the beginning of the TOC. However, the page numbering didn't change. So when I copied the book to my device, it opened in the middle of the book.

When I view the book in the calibre viewer, the table of contents lists the chapter first but at page 105. The next chapter is on Page16. In the mobi format the chapter is in the TOC where it should be. I'm not techy enough to know whether this can be fixed.

I'm running calibre 0.8.1 on Windows 7, 32bit (if that makes a difference).

The book is this one (and it's a great read by the way - and the donation goes to a good cause).

http://www.amazon.com/Aftershocks-St...6133523&sr=1-1

(Actually I've just had a look - yesterday the book was free, with a donation to the earthquake relief, today they are charging 9.99)

Can anyone give me suggestions for how I can fix this?
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote