View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 02:38 AM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks! This obviously took more work than I had expected. I plan to use it a lot!!!!

Sent a small donation as well having seen how useful Calibre is going to be for me. Don't normally like to mention that sort of thing publicly, but I'm hoping maybe it will cause a few others benefiting from Calibre to consider doing likewise. You've done an amazing job with it, and I am sure it represents many long hours and days and weeks (and so on) of work!

But for this recipe, I do think one change is needed...
*) Some articles are missing. So I plan to increase the limit of 10 articles per feed. Hopefully it's that simple. Didn't do it yet - I don't want to get shut out of the site for too many downloads.

So now I'm a bit excited about this, and may dabble with a couple more things to enhance the WSJ recipe for my own personal preferences...
*) Bigger fonts. Should be easily fixed in extra_css
*) WSJ top level section menu is strange. This is just an oddity of the WSJ site, not the recipe which reflects the site layout. But all in all, I think it's probably easier to navigate if that top menu layer with the 5 sections (PAGE ONE, PAGE ONE, SECTION B, MONEY AND INVESTING, PERSONAL JOURNAL) is ignored, giving instead just a list of all the articles at the top level. I think I should be able to make that change. Will give it a go at some point when I have a little time to dabble again.

Thanks again - this is great!!!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote