View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #137
DedTV
Enthusiast
DedTV began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505; Galaxy Tab 7
Paperwhite will be a no-brainer if they happen to open up Collections management to outside programs. If not, I'll stick with my Sony for my core reader. Managing books on the reader is a pain, especially when it has to be done again with each new product upgrade. But I really want a front lit eInk reader. The Nooks turned out to be fragile (bought 2, both broke) and as bad at book management as the Kindles but the light almost made it worth it and Amazon light tech is better than the Nook's.

I do want to get a tablet pretty soon. I'm on the fence as to whether I want a Fire HD or Fire 1 or even a Nexus 7. I'll be waiting until after the Apple announcement to see how the iPad mini is before I dig in and do the research to decide on that front but the Kindle HD looks to be the most likely, although I'll have to be able to root it easily and safely otherwise it'll be a Nexus as I don't want to be locked to whatever apps Amazon decides to let me have access to or having to dig around for a apk to sideload.
DedTV is offline   Reply With Quote