View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
You are correct, all three of these are blocked in China. I can't read Chinese so Baidu is out. Even then, the information I need is not really Chinese specific. The students will be installing RenRen, Youku, Weibo and QQ on their own (Chinese rip-off equivalents).

I need suggestions for educational apps and things that will assist teachers and students in their daily classroom activities. I found a Calculus app with a list of the most common functions but it is pretty basic. I tried to download some PDFs again and they were still hard to read. I was playing with Moodle and was having problems selecting buttons online due to the inaccurate screen so I still need a good Moodle replacement.

The big thing is readability. I checked out calibre for its conversions but there was nothing in the presets for 7" tablets and I couldn't find an option in the conversion section to increase the font. Many teachers will be using these as an alternative to printed notes so I need the optimal settings for readability.

Even embassy schools are blocked over here. The only way to view these sites is if a school uses a VPN and I don't know of any school that would have that option for everyone. Usually we just work around the Chinese madness.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote