View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 04:05 AM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Sorry, I only found out about it from browsing the B&N forums this afternoon, and posted as soon as I did.

Hey, at least you got yours cheap at Amazon in a format you don't have to strip and convert for Kindle use.

Though mind you, it looks like the Kindle version is a mere 1.59 for Canadians, as is Faye Kellerman's The Burnt House with Bonus Material.

But it seems both sides of the border can get super-cheap holiday romance books: Debbie Macomber's Where Angels Go and Home for the Holidays at 92% off the list price, for 1.30 each, and Patricia Thayer's Montana, Mistletoe, and Marriage at 1.26. All also at B&N for the same: HFtH, WaG, MMM.

There's also huge batch of Christmas Harlequins for 1.19 each if one follows the "Customers Also Bought" links on The Millionaire's Christmas Wish. Though it looks like those latter are short stories/novellas Kindle-ized from print anthologies.

And this strangely non-seasonal Harlequin Intrigue at 1.30: Operation XOXO, which again, leads to a lot of other Harlequins for only a buck and spare change in the Also Boughts. Again, same pricing at B&N if one goes to their Under $5 eBooks section and filters the seach using Harlequin and arranges the sort low-to-high.

I'm kind of wondering if there's any sort of reason behind the discounts, or it's just one of those random pricing whims. At least mainstream romance fans will be happy with all the deals?

Edit: a-ha! Looks like all of those cheap-o Harlequins also have a paperback version being dumped cheaply as part of some promo, and the Kindle prices lowered to match.

Last edited by ATDrake; 08-24-2010 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Had a closer look at the 1.19 Christmas stories. Also, think I figured out the discount reasoning. Plus B&N pricematch.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote