View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 03:04 PM   #25
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
Some - being rereaders - are interested in being able to read their stufff in 10+ years from now. If they are ignorant of DRM they WILL end up screwed one day. It's not about being technophile. It's preparedness in a digital environment.
Precisely! I am by no means a technophile, I learn what I need to so that I can accomplish what I want and that's it. I keep all of my books and I reread constantly.

When I first came on here I didn't see the big deal about drm, but then too many people came on complaining about losing their books either because they didn't bother downloading them and the places they bought them from went belly up or the technology changed leaving them stranded. I finally decided to download Alf & friends and learn what I needed to do to keep my books free and accessible on all of the machines I have that can read ebooks.

If the day comes that Alf is unable to break any new drm, I will promptly seek out the DN to get what I want. I seriously doubt that I will be alone in this.

My attitude will be shaped on how you treat me. Treat me with disrespect, and I will give you the same in return.

People are funny like that, the moment you start impinging on their freedom, they get their back up and come out swinging.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote