View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1
You are assuming too much about my motives in starting this thread.
I am only posting the information for an owner to use in arriving at their own decision.
Except that you said:
Quote:
A few of them, such as the net-range to which the log files are transmitted ...
If you haven't recorded the payloads, why have you made the assertion that that particular net-range is responsible for receiving Kindle log-files? Shouldn't you wait until the evidence is in to make that claim if you're just doing unbiased research?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1
That will happen, I just wasn't recording the payload's when I identified that transmission.

Some of the things Chatty Kathy talks about use a secure (TLSv1) transport link. Those exchanges will take a bit more work.
Regardless of the encryption, you should be able to monitor the volume of the data that's originating from the Kindle. Most people—who've attempted this before—never detected anything big enough to represent anything more than normal keep-alive pings (originating from the Kindle). Certainly nothing that would represent the size of the log file that the Kindle collects and maintains.

The fact that they have the ability to collect that log-file doesn't really interest me at all... but I'd definitely be curious to know if you find evidence contrary to the previous packet-sniffing experiments (that say nothing big enough to represent a log file is being sent)—but only if that evidence doesn't contain any supposition.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-05-2012 at 09:41 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote