View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
ahh. In my country, if I see anyone using mobile phones no matter where they are: on bus, or at public places, or in class... they're certainly surfing the Internet, texting, blogging, playing games... everything but reading We don't have the "reading culture" here in my country. What do we do on the bus? We youngsters listen to music or texting, the others drift in and out of sleep. Reading is a rare thing to see, at least in public places. Of course it's different in the libraries, bookstores and on the planes, where magazines and newspapers are stacked in front of you and there's plenty time to do nothing but staring at the clouds.

I only saw one Vietnamese reading in a public place once, using her smart phone. In my entire life

So far I'm the youngest
Here in Microsoft-land (their HQ is less than an hour away), the youngsters probably find dedicated readers an old fogey thing - like rotary dial phones, and TV sets with channel changers.

My phone has email capability, but I don't use it, and wouldn't except perhaps for checking email, if I had to. The idea of reading anything longer on the tiny screen seems horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tome Keeper View Post
I think the cost of e-readers and the advertising has appealed to bibliophiles in the 30-40 age range.
I see folks over 40 using them when traveling - under 30's I think read on their mobile phones.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote