View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Because it includes 7" tablets, which have never bern considered phablets anywhere else.
We know that 7" tablets are selling very well, so it just muddies the water as to how well actual phablets are doing.
Right. And it seems to include 4" devices, which are called "smartphones" everywhere else, and also sell very well.

Personally, I would only only consider a "phablet" to be a device larger than the majority of smart phones, and smaller than the majority of tablets, otherwise, why make a distinction? You're only referring to a union of all devices, not a distinct class of device.

Also, if using a 7" device as a phone makes it a "phablet" then my desktop computer might as well be called a "phesktop" because I make VOIP calls on it as well.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote