View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
It would make sense from a marketing perspective if Bob writes only cyber punk splatterhouse type books and then suddenly says hey now i want to write romance

Bob's readership would only pick up his latest work and then the nerd rage would begin. Now if Bob says his name is now Mary, no one would know any different - readerships can remain their loyal fan base without worrying about author A jumping the shark or becoming author B or selling out or any of the other fun and exciting things kids on the internet think of these days =)

Moe - I say go for it if you want to try and sell something, why not - i mean whats the worst thing that could happen
Extra points for 'Nerd Rage' But I think you're right. Looking over the stuff I have, and the stuff I write now, it's an odd clash. Whereas I write more lyrically, and probably less marketable now, it's a lot more fun, and truth be told, easier. The other stuff is crammed full of what I thought at the time - you know the usual stuff about what sells and the like. Most of it was aimed at markets and agents I thought it would sell to.

I'm going to mull it over some more before I make any final decisions on where to go with all this stuff.

Last edited by Moejoe; 03-08-2009 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Appaling grammar :)
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote