View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #62
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
does Kindle create a crash log?
I had my KDXG restarted while testing one of the previous versions.

a bit off topic
stating the obvious, the file searcher just written by dave2008 (along with the corresponding lines from mupdf to make it a stand-alone solution) represents a file search system hack, which can be improved
1) by showing the complete name (just like kindle does, if the file name is long) -> also relevant for mupdf
2) by associating files with certain applications (e.g. to open a pdf file with the mupdf or the native pdf viewer)
3) by enabling searching in all files through indexing (in case of pdf files, it may also be relevant for mupdf)

Do you remember which version? Can you reproduce the bug? Well, I do not know where kindle puts the crash log :-(

1) um... What do you mean by complete name? Currently it shows the complete file name. But there is no code to handle long names, so long names are simply displayed out of the display. Do you mean truncate long file names and append with dots?

2) That's a good suggestion! The kindlepdfviewer can then support all the
formats the native system supports. But two problems must be solved before
implement this feature:

1. When kindlepdfviewer runs, it take full control of the device, i.e. the eink display and key press events. So if we want to use the native viewer, we have to exit kindlepdfviewer first to release the control.

2. I know little about the native system as well as JAVA, thus I have no idea of how to call the native viewer.

Maybe we can solve the first problem by temporally release the eink display and input device in kindlepdfviewer before calling the native viewer. But I haven't tested this approach yet, not sure it will work or not.

For the second problem, I have no idea. :-( Maybe more experienced hackers know how to achieve it.

3) This can be done, but I need to get familiar with mupdf's API first. I just started reading their source code yesterday. ;-P
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote