View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 01:16 AM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
my gripe was that it is a chore to have to switch to code view & type all that stuff, if all I want to do is insert a blank line while in book view!

and my question was: is there an epub spec that says what a reader should do when it encounters a line containing only a <br /> tag - as Sony's interpretation seems to be to ignore it ? i.e. to ignore <p><br /><p> constructs
It is unlikely to be in the spec for ePUB since it really references the xhtml spec for this sort of thing. You can check W3C but ADE as used by Sony doesn't always follow the spec anyway and you are stuck. There is nothing you can do about it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote