View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #72
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psymon View Post
I was thinking about this issue afterwards, and I'm a bit confused. Obviously a person can design an epub so that it will work in iBooks, but if a person has an iPad and sees an epub they want, and it says it's "for iBooks", won't they just naturally assume that it'll work in any other iPad ereader that they might choose?
I am not an apple person & not sure what you mean by "any other iPad ereader " but I naturally assume that apple store will lock the content ( with their DRM) so that it will not work on any non-apple device, and that you, the lowly author, have no say in their use of DRM.

but as to compatibility within the apple range.... maybe someone with good eyesight & a long lifespan needs to read thru all of the small print legalese at apple
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote