View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #264
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnor View Post
But what about comic books? I like to read comics and manga, and they take up much space. If I'm reading a manga, it would be annoying uploading chapter by chapter or volume by volume, instead of the whole series.

Besides that, I think is interesting to be able to upload your collection. Maybe I want to read a book, or a comic, or this little story. I don't want to plan what I have to read. Maybe I want to check this scientific paper again, and I can't do this if I have not planned before.

And if Paperwhite is not for comic books, why it has more resolution? I think it is almost unnoticeable in text.
I've no idea how big comic books files are, but really, apart from one requiring an internet connection (cloud storage - though not if you buy a 3G Kindle) and one requiring an additional purchase (SD card), what is the difference between storing your content on the Kindle or the Kobo - when it comes down to it they are both external storage, and there's no planning required to access either of them?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote