View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
After updating to firmware 2.14 I cannot figure out how to handle the dictionaries in some situations.
Case 1: I select a certain word, the definition box pops up and I am not happy with the result. Previously, I would have gone to the dictionary search window and would have edited the search string or maybe changed the language of the definition dictionary. Now I cannot see how to do this.
Case 2: I select a certain word and click on translate, a box with the result from the English to French dictionary pops up. If I am not satisfied with the result (there might be no French entry or I might not understand it or whatever) I would previously have selected one of the other translation dictionaries. Now I cannot see how to do this.

Can anybody hint me in the right direction?

I would generally appreciate if Kobo could update the manuals and explain the new features.
Before using the dictionary function install the dictionaries that you expect to use. From the Home screen, select Settings>Language and then select the language and translation dictionaries that you want and save them.

For Case 1, when the popup definition box appears select the A|Z icon displayed at the bottom of the screen and then select Dictionary. From the full screen dictionary screen that is then displayed you can change the language by touching the chosen language (dotted underline to the left of the the V symbol) or you can enter another word to look up by touching the arrow icon in the top left corner. In principle the solution for Case 2 works the same as that for Case 1.

Last edited by Joe563; 10-11-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Clarification
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote