View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have to highly disagree about a physical keyboard. Not having one is not a drawback. It's actually a good thing as long as the reader has IR touch. The K4 is an example of the worst of both. No keyboard and no IR touch.

yes, the K4 is cheaper then Sony and B&N, but it's just lousy design. No touch, and not much going for it. So while you are paying less, you are getting a lot less.

I know the nook as the glow light, but I prefer my lighted case as it does not use the battery of the 650. I just replace the AAA battery as needed. I know I can get a good set of rechargeables and be set with batteries. Using the reader's batter to power the light will kill the life of the battery.

As for which reader I like better, I like the T1 better then the Kindle Touch or the nook.

Without hacking the Touch, I don't like the default font. I don't like Mobipocket.

I have not tried the nook recently, but when it first came out, the font rendering as not all that good.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-10-2012 at 07:53 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote