View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 01:03 AM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
After K3 Design are you underwhelmed with the KDGX Design & Features?

While I applaud Amazon for the move away from the white only case, I added a black silicon/rubber skin to my K2i to improve outdoor readability via reduced reflected light because where I live the sun gets very bright and high overhead so the less white the better for my old eyeballs. But at the same time I wonder why in the world they did not make some small changes to the GDX.

First the lack of buttons on both sides. Look at the slim buttons used on the K3, why not on the GDX? New keyboard design, why not on the GDX? The joystick thing stinks on the K2i, how is it on the larger device? It sure does not look any better than on the K2i. And of course why not add Wifi? Wifi hardware costs them under $2 these days and the firmware is already done for the K3 soooo, no reason to not port over the needed OS software to support the wifi as well as there is certainly room inside the case for a teeny wifi card.

Right now, I am very happy I did not jump in and buy a GDX as my first large format reader because, well, the ergonomics are so poor especially when compared to what look to by significantly improved handling of the K3.

So anyone else sort of looking at the physical design of the GDX compared to the K3 and wondering what the heck Amazon was thinking? I don't even need wifi but for the price it might as well be there and I am sure for many business users wifi might even encourage more corporate adoption, especially if the web kit browser is improved enough to handle a web based email interface for OTG email monitoring during the day.

Now when compared to the K3 I just think the GDX disappoints even more now than my original "...eh but maybe..." thoughts on it's initial release and its only been a handful of weeks since the GDX was released....
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote