Thread: PRS-600 Is this normal?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Is this normal?

Okay, I'll try not to get myself in trouble here, but suffice it to say that I set out to read a book made for the Kindle on my Sony Reader.

I downloaded Kindle for PC and chose some book for $0.99 on which to perform my experiments. These were unsuccessful. Just to see what would happen, I added the book as-is to Calibre and converted it to epub format and loaded it onto my Reader. Wonder of wonders, it's completely readable.

I thought books from Amazon were all DRMed. I'm now assuming they all aren't, but surely some/most must be. Is there a way to tell? I was really surprised that the Amazon book worked on my Reader with no problems.

Sorry if this is an idiotic post, or I'm missing something here that is common knowledge.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote