View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 12:23 AM   #47
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
I've owned a Kindle 2 & a Sony 505, and eventually found that I liked the Sony better. A lot of it had to do with size. So tonight I was in a Borders and took my first look at the 300 & 600 models. (No question but that the 600 is much easier to read than the 700.)

What surprised me was how much I liked the 300. And I think it has to do with size again. My impression is that the 300 also has greater clarity than the 505.

I plan to take my 505 down to the store tomorrow evening and do a side by side.

There's a fair chance I'll buy the 300. The great advantage of ebooks - for me - lies primarily in portability, and the large part of that advantage lies - again for me - in getting the device down to the smallest size possible consistent with reading comfort. Reading on my iPhone is doable but a bit too small for comfort.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote