View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #40
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
I'm in the middle of evaluating my next 'phone'. I'm leaning towards a non-smart flip phone but I'd need a tablet for reading & browsing plus (probably) a mobile hotspot for Internet. Downsides are 3 devices + 2 cell accounts, one of which I'd only use while traveling. Alternative is a smartphone that will work as a mobile hotspot-then I need to decide whether to get a large phone & forgo the tablet or get a small phone & also carry a tablet for reading. Carrying the devices isn't a big issue as I'd use a 'man-purse' aka briefcase. Carrying the extra chargers while traveling is a bigger issue-sometimes it's hard to find even one unused outlet in a hotel room. (Bathroom is the best bet. They usually have an outlet for an electric shaver but setting by a sink isn't where I'd prefer to leave my phone.)
If 5.5" is large enough, a Note II would be all three; Android phones can be configured as hotspots (builtin capability, no hacks/rooting/app needed), assuming your carrier allows it.

If it's not, a WiFi-only tablet plus a smaller Android phone would fit the bill. With a bit of luck, they can share the charger as well; most stuff feeds off MicroUSB nowadays. I have two phones, an ebook reader and a Bluetooth headset that can use a single charger.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote