View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Question for indie authors - is this profitable?

Sorry for such a daft question, but I guess I'm used to paying quite a hefty sum for novels in Australia with > $30 pretty much the norm for newer releases in paperback.

When I see new novels coming out from $1.99 or $0.99 and that is treated as what is sensible for a new author, I have to admit I'm a little shocked.

I understand the notion of paying your dues and getting a name so presumably more would be charged with each successful book, but I'm just wondering if these really low prices end up being profitable.

And if it isn't that profitable financially (especially considering the investment of time), do the other rewards of publishing a novel make up the difference?

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote