View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Weird connection problem

We have 2 computers, a laptop with Vista and a desktop with XP. We also have 2 readers, both Sony 505s (one red, one silver).

We just recently got the red reader and first I thought it was broken, because it could not connect to the desktop. To my relief it could connect to the laptop. Now I have downgraded its firmware to 1.1.00.18040. Still it would not connect to the desktop, it won't even charge from it. The other reader connects to my desktop just fine.

I have tried reinstalling the Sony Connect software and also the driver to no avail. Still, when I connect the red reader to my desktop, XP wants to search a driver for it - which it cannot find even if I put in the CD.

Any ideas how to solve this?
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote