View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMooch View Post
BUT (and it's a big one) transitioning means that the books I've bought for my Sony Reader will be lost unless I maintain the reader (or if Sony suddenly decides to allow the format onthe kindle...like THAT will ever happen). Not something I look forward too.
Hence the problem with proprietary and DRM formats. You don't really "own" the content like you do with a book.

You can share them, move them to another device, sell them, burn them for heat if OIL gets to expensive... etc.

Hence, I think DRM books should be ALOT cheaper than paper books!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote