View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #18
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Well, I have a Palm E2, I don't use mail or Web at my iPhone, no music or movies, only Memos, Documents To Go and Mobipocket. It synchronizes always well. But it's no Windows Mobile but Palm OS, perhaps that's the difference. And I've had only a reason to buy iPhone (perhaps waiting I would have got the same with Palm Pre) and it's called Amazon.
I've heard Palm should work well - after all it's developed directly for a mobile device. I just had the bad luck of getting Windows Mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
If you need to use your phone like a real computer (like I do), then run from the iphone as fast as you can.
But you can't use a Windows Mobile PDA as real computer either. You need a real computer for that - not the crippled Windows Mobile interface.

You're obviously a Microsoft fanboy since you paint everyone who even dares to like the experience of an Apple interface, as Apple fanboys/girls

I can't understand how you could stand your Windows Mobile PDA.
I suffered enough typing with a tiny pen on a minuscule keyboard. I suffered enough waiting for the f****** device to start up applications- and then saving it - and the Dell Axim 51 was a decent device. I suffered enough non-working syncing (Microsoft: sorry, we can't do it better - better luck next time). I suffered enough general lack of functionality. Windows Mobile 5.0 was pure hell. Perhaps that's why I like the iPhone OS - *anything* is an improvement Have you thought about that, Hans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
As many here can vouch, I'm just an ignorant, brain-dead, mouth-breathing blob that's just been waiting for Apple marketing to imprint its hype and logo and shiny-shinies into that willing bowl of grey porridge contained by my bowl of a skull. Would that I could progress beyond these reflexive, beastial urges inspired by flashy corporate design, and perhaps extend myself along the evolutionary branch beyond my iPod Touch and newly purchased iPhone to maybe reach those who have left me in their independently intelligent wake...but, alas, I am destined to struggle, be constrained, distracted, by my overwhelming need to be like everyone else - part of the cool crowd - and to fight the bondage of my own tiny forebrain bashing against this wall of proprietary, technical limitations.
Oooh, count me in! Count me in! Me stoopid, too
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote