View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
It depends on how hot they are run. Most quotes for 50,000+ hours assume optimal cooling and under-voltage driven, bogus specs in real-life applications. Flashlights are good examples. Early Maglight conversions didn't have enough heat sink/transfer for the LED assembly and will not last that long. The LED turn signal assemblies I've seen in automobiles have a HUGE heat sink attached. I haven't had a chance to look at the newest auto LED headlight assemblies yet but I'm betting on some aggressive venting.

I assume these reading LED's are not as highly driven. Does the lowest part of the screen bezel get at all warm? If not then I wouldn't worry.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote