View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AThirstyMind View Post
Oh, and I'm emailing the mobi file to my Amazon acct, where it downloads into my "Doc" heading on the KindleFire. I thought this might have been a problem, but yesterday I purchased one of my client's recent books and the Chapter Heading had the same issue.
Thirsty:

For what it's worth, that means you're getting k7 conversion, not K8, short-handing it. The "mailto" email addies use the old MBPCreator-style conversion, so you're not getting a MasterMobi, as you would if you converted this through Previewer or Kindlegen. It is important to note that this will also affect a file that has already been made with Kindlegen, prior to being processed through KDP.

So, to be clear: even if you made a K8 book (using CSS, in other words) through KindleGen, if you email the resulting mobi to your Fire device, you will get what is a "down-converted" book. That's why you're having problems, and it's why I asked how you were sending them to your device. To see how the book will really function, you either must sideload the book via real wifi (not emailed "wifi") or USB, or, you must run it through KDP, and then download the sample file, and send that to your Kindle Fire via email. OK?

Hope this helps,

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote