View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
dwesty
dwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to beholddwesty is a marvel to behold

Device: Bebook One (original, not 2010)
Unhappy My Bebook One (the old version) regularly freezing

Nooo!!!

My bebook has been working fine for the best part of two years, during which time I've had to occasionally use the reset button due to the odd 'red light' freeze once in a while.

Now, however it's started happening all the time and I'm flummoxed! It freezes so I have to reset, but then it freezes DURING the reset. Sometimes it resets long enough to open a book, but I'll be lucky if I read 5 - 10 pages before I'm frozen out again. I've never done firmware updates as it's always worked fine for the files I use and I don't trust it not to freeze up during an update if I tried to do one now (I've read that freezing during an update can be catastrophic).

I've bought a brand new battery in case the old one was the cause. This hasn't made any difference.

I've reformatted the internal memory and the sd card memory- no joy.

The problem is the same whether the memory card is in or not.

Got rid of all the books in the formatting process and reloaded some I've read before (basic .txt files).

UPDATE: Since my post though I've done an early firmware update (hanlin v2.02) and it has completed (kept freezing during but eventually got to the end), sadly though I'm getting the freezes still.

I can't live without my £215 ebook reader! Whatever do I do?
dwesty is offline   Reply With Quote