View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
First magazine experience is a nightmare

My Discover magazine story....

I've read hundreds of books on my iPad but not one single magazine! I used to subscribe to Discover p-magazine (years ago) and I thought reading the digital version would be a great "first magazine" iPad read.

So I go to the Discover web site and order a digital subscription to the mag. It was cheaper than a "newstand service." Upon checkout there was NO instruction about obtaining the download. I wait and wait and receive NO emails. After 24 hrs I check my credit card and see that yes, I was charged for the digital subscription. I go to the website and cannot log in to my account. I cannot do a password recovery... "no account with that email" I'm told. (Even though I had been charged.)

I send an email to customer support at Discover telling them that I received no account confirmation email nor order email (no, the email was not in my local trash or junk folder, it was not in my web server junk.) 48 hours later no response.

I read every faq and help file on the Discover site. Nothing... Just a mention that Discover is delivered by Zinio and phone number is provided to contact Zinio. After being on hold forever at Discover I give up.

I call Zinio (as per faq) explaining my situation. Customer rep DOES find my email but no Discover subscription. Then I'm told IT CAN TAKE UP TO A MONTH FOR US TO GET THE ORDER. What? I say... I order a digital download and it can take up to a month to get it? NO WAY! Yes I'm told.

So I'm given a "complimentary" digital edition of Discover. Will be available to me in "minutes." Twenty four hours later I still have nothing in my Zinio library.

Today I'll call Discover (since I received no email response) and sit on hold forever to find out what in the world is going on....

Or maybe I'll just go buy a paper copy at my local store.....
Or maybe I'll just stick to reading books....

1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote