View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post

I'm thinking that a) no-one dies because they can't use an e-reader for a while, and b) the Internet is essentially everywhere civilized. If I were the Kobo Product Manager, I wouldn't waste a minute worrying about this one.
Well, if it's not worth even a minute's mulling over, then why take that minute and make the call to be more difficult? To just be more difficult? What does Kobo get out of it?

Maybe people very simply want to travel light, with a device they can be reasonably assured will either work for a week, or be robust post-failure if a week of uptime is in fact too much to ask for.

Finally, traveling with a selection of books is a lot older than the "civilizing" influence of the Internet.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote