Thread: iPad ePub transfer Question
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #29
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I agree. The current DRM schemes on ebooks is INSANE! When I first came on here a few years back, I thought the abundance of ebook formats were confusing, but now there are multiple DRM schemes for the same format.

Not sure if B&N still sells Epub books but they have their own DRM
Apple has their own DRM for Epub
Then there is Adobe Adept DRM for Epub

I wouldn't blame Sony since they actually opened up their reader so that you can read Epub books offered by other ebook stores, other than those sold by Apple and B&N. I would blame Apple and B&N for creating new DRM schemes that are so far only readable on their devices. To me, it just seems like they aren't confident enough in their hardware that it'll sell itself that these companies have to pull these DRM schemes to lock the consumer in.

Crazy world.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote